Welcome, New Clients! Thank you for choosing Innovative Psychological Consultants to help you with your healthcare needs. We are confident we can help you achieve your goals and be successful.
You can call our main number at 763-416-4167 and our schedulers will be happy to help you find the right provider for you.
Alternatively, you can go to our online scheduling request form and fill out your preferences, and preferred method of contact, and we will get back to you to schedule your appointment.
Once you have begun working with your clinician, you will be able to schedule directly with them for future appointments. Save yourself time by completing the initial paperwork forms noted in the “First Time Visit” section.
- No Shows/Late Cancellations: Your appointment time has been reserved for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify our office at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer that appointment to another patient who is seeking services. If we are not notified in advance, there is the possibility you will be charged for the missed appointment.
- Custody Issues & Therapy for Minors: It is the policy of IPC that for minor children, where legal custody is split (joint) between parents or guardians who are no longer married or cohabiting, we need authorization and signature from both parents on our “Informed Consent for Therapy & Payment” and “Confidentiality Notice” prior to the child being seen. These forms can be downloaded above, completed, and brought to the first session.
If you have questions, please call our office: 763-416-4167
- Intake Form Online
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- First Appointment Required Signatures
- Confidentiality Notice
- Informed Consent for Therapy
- Release Of Information Consent
- HIPPA Notice
- Informed Consent for Tele-Therapy Services
First Time Visit
To help save you time when you arrive for your first appointment, you may print, complete, and bring our Intake Data Sheet, Confidentiality Notice, and Informed Consent for Therapy prior to your first visit. If you cannot complete these forms ahead of time, we ask that you arrive a 10-15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time to complete the forms in the office.
For your first appointment, we ask that you bring the completed forms and your current health insurance card so we can copy it. Thank you in advance for completing these forms. We look forward to meeting you and working together to help you achieve all your goals.
What to Expect
Your first appointment, whether it is with a therapist or a psychiatrist, is referred to as a diagnostic intake appointment. During this appointment, the clinician is trying to gather as much information as possible about the presenting issues as well as gather global information about various areas in your life including the past. We are trying to see the whole person in the big picture so we can formulate treatment options and recommendations to discuss with you at the end of that session. There is a lot of information to collect so the clinician will be asking a lot of questions. Future sessions will take on a much different look and feel.